Your rights are protected under the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013, Consumer Rights Act 2015 and the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (GDPR)
Canine Massage Therapy Centre and the owners/operators of this website [www.k9-massage.co.uk] cannot accept liability for any loss, harm or damage that occurs as a result of following any advice on this website. Everything is provided with best intentions but if you’re ever unsure about an animal’s health or well-being, you should contact a vet or other welfare professional. Always use common sense and seek advice where necessary. This website does not claim to offer medical advice.
- Browse the site, and add the items or workshop that you would like to order to your basket
- If you change your mind about ordering an item it can be deleted from your basket before going to the checkout.
- When you are ready to place the order go to the checkout.
- You can choose between online payments with your credit or debit card or paypal using the Sage pay option. Alternatively you can opt for telephone ordering and contact us by telephone with your card details to pay over the phone (tel. no. 0844 809 4495)
- If you are attending one of our workshops you may wish to collect your order at the workshop without incurring postal charges. We can no longer facilitate this is every case. Please telephone for further information.
- On rare occasions an item may be out of stock when you place your order. We apologise for this but sometimes demand catches us unaware. If this does happen, we will contact you with a delivery estimate. If you cannot wait, we will refund your order in full.
- The prices shown in our catalogue are for illustration purposes and may sometimes change. The prices shown on our website are the price you will pay.
- If you are unsure whether the item you wish to buy is for you, or you need more advise, please contact us
- Should you decide to cancel after you have placed the order please telephone 0844 809 4495 or email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Your order will be cancelled and your payment refunded. In the event that the order has already been despatched please return the goods as described in the returns policy. Your order will be refunded on receipt.
- Please note that VAT is charged to all customers regardless of their domicile.
- You can opt to register for updates and offers when you register on our site or you can opt out if you prefer.
- Prices shown do not include delivery but includes VAT where applicable (unless otherwise stated). The delivery charge is calculated when you place items in your basket based on the order size and your location. No delivery charges will be applied to booking workshops and if you are ordering an item to collect at a workshop, you can select the option to collect which will waive any delivery charges.
- Please note that heavy items may attract an additional surcharge over our normal post and package charges
- International shipping options are available on the website, and we can ship to most worldwide destinations. Whilst we make every attempt to ensure that products are allowed into the country of destination, we cannot control the customs regulations and on occasions decisions may be taken which are out of our control.
- Please Allow up to 5 working days for UK delivery. We endeavour to send out items the same day if ordered before 2pm. Packages are generally sent out 2nd class and are not recorded. However, where we feel that the total order is not covered by the current Royal Mail compensation scheme, we may upgrade the postage option to “signed for” to enable more compensation for loss. Delays may occur where there are unforeseen circumstances such as inclement weather or industrial disputes.
- If you require an item more quickly, please contact us for options.
- You may wish to leave delivery instructions for the post to leave in a specific place in your absence BUT we accept no responsibility for packages left on in a non-secure place on your property or at neighbours. Please be aware this is at your own risk.
- Please contact us if your purchased item doesn’t arrive after 5 working days. (UK only) International items may take longer.
Credit Card Payments:
Your credit and debit card payments are made through Sage Pay and Paypal. These are all trusted and secure method of payment that we have chosen for its versatility and convenience.
I want to place my order over the telephone:
If you prefer, offline payment can be made by card via the telephone. The whole of your order will be taken by phone.
What happens if I change my mind or if the item I bought is faulty?
If the item we deliver is faulty, damaged in transit, not fit for purpose, you bought the wrong size or simply changed your mind, you may be entitled to a full or partial refund. You must report any faults or that you changed your mind to CMTC within fourteen days of receipt of your order.
Return the item to us clean and intact with all packaging together with a note identifying the problem or what you want to exchange, together with details of who you are. Your refund or exchange will be applied on the safe receipt of the goods.
If there is a problem with your goods after the 14 days have passed and you feel that the product was not of satisfactory quality or fit for purpose, please contact us as soon as you notice that there is a problem.
If you have received goods and have simply changed your mind about purchasing them, OR you need a different size, you may return the goods to us and a full credit or exchange will be given subject to the following conditions:
- You notify us of your desire to cancel within Fourteen days of receipt of the goods.
- The goods are returned within 30 days of receipt, and are in a new and re-saleable condition and in the original packaging with labels and tags attached. Used goods will not be accepted and will be returned to the sender or we reserve the right to deduct monies from your refund to reflect any diminished value.
- The right to refund is NOT available on goods sealed for health protection or hygiene reasons, once they are unsealed or on sealed video, audio and software products once they are unsealed.
- The customer will be liable for the return delivery charges, unless otherwise agreed in advance by CMTC; and you are advised to return by recorded delivery
- The goods are not customised by you in any way.
- Any difference in price for the exchange item will be charged or refunded at the time of replacement. Where an item costs more than the original item, you will be issued with an invoice and payment instructions before the new item is posted to you.
- NB Some Sale items may be exempt from our refund policy please check the item description before you return for a refund. No refund will be made on the basis of a fault where it is notified in the product description on our website at the time of purchase i.e the product may be reduced in price due to a short sell by date or the packaging may be damaged.
- Where an item has a fault, you have the right to request a partial refund and keep the item eg if the item has partially leaked in transit or there is a minor fault. However, CMTC retains the right to ask that the item is returned in order to return the product to the supplier.
If you need to return an item please let us know via
- Email:- email@example.com
- Telephone:- 0844 809 4495
And post your item to
Canine Massage Therapy Centre
2 Chaucer Crescent
Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 & Consumer Rights Act 2015
We abide by the applicable elements of Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 and the Consumer Rights Act 2015. Accordingly, should you wish to cancel your booking in the next 14 days, no charge will be applied. (You are unable to be refunded after attending the workshop.)
- Payment terms
Our standard payment terms is that payment in full is taken at booking.
Should circumstances mean that you need to transfer to another Canine Massage Therapy Centre workshop/Course, the following charges will apply, dependent on notice given:
- First transfer, made more than one month prior to the workshop start date – no charge
- Up to one months’ notice given – 50% of the workshop fee.
- Less than one weeks notice – no transfers, all fees paid are lost
All transfers must be taken within a period of twelve months from the original course date.
Should circumstances mean that you have to cancel your workshop and are unable to transfer your booking to another date at the time of cancellation, the following charges will apply:
- More than six weeks prior to the workshop date – no charge
- Two to six weeks prior to the workshop – 50% of the course fee
- Less than two weeks prior to the workshop – full fee.
NB Cancellation must be made in writing/email and received by CMTC by the due date.
If you do not attend a course/workshop, and you have not previously informed us, the full course fee remains payable.
- Unforeseen circumstances
On occasion, unforeseen circumstances may require us to cancel a workshop. In such circumstances you will be given as much notice as possible and either a free transfer to another course date or a full refund of fees paid.
- Scope of Workshop
Completion of the one day workshops does not qualify you to work as a Canine Massage therapist. If you wish to become a Practitioner, you are advised to look at the Practitioner Training Programme which is a 2 year course run by CMTC and accredited by Lantra. Practitioners abide by the Veterinary Act 1966, Exemptions Order 2015 and National Occupational Standards 61 and 62.
All course fees are subject to the current rate of VAT.
Guidelines for attendees
Attendees are responsible for providing a canine partner on the day, Canine Massage Therapy Centre is unable to provide you with a dog but strongly advises that a dog is required for each participant of the workshop due to it’s hands on nature.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you and your dog, are free from any condition which would affect either of you capabilities to undertake the workshop. Furthermore there should be no underlying medical condition affecting your dog that may trigger an adverse reaction by applying the massage techniques that you will be taught or that may be passed to any other attendees. (See also Safety)
You may be required to work on the floor or from a table depending on the size of your dog. If this is a problem, we need to know so that we can make sure we can offer appropriate assistance.
We welcome attendees with disabilities but it remains your responsibility to ensure that you notify us of any additional needs you may have in advance. Should you need additional assistance requiring you to bring a friend to help you, we ask that you discuss this with CMTC in advance.
There is limited room at the workshops and therefore we cannot accommodate additional spectators. There are however a number of local attractions they may like to explore should you need someone to bring you to the workshop.
Food is not available at the workshop other than tea/coffee. You are therefore advised to bring your own lunch.
CMTC reserves the right to refuse the workshop if the dog becomes unruly, unmanageable or aggressive to dogs or people. The same applies to their human!
The customer is responsible for their dog for the day and understands that the dog is not allowed to wander around the hall and must be kept on a lead/harness. We want everyone to enjoy the course and cannot allow behaviour which restrict others enjoyment and ability to learn from their day.
The customer will provide CMTC with any information that may be pertinent about the dog eg: Behavioural Characteristics, any issues with other dogs, being handled, touched etc… Provided that you are responsible for, and the dog is not a problem to those around you, we will work with you to provide you with a suitable environment in which to enjoy the course.
The customer undertakes the course at their own risk. A Site specific risk assessment is available if required.
Your dog is vulnerable and AT RISK if left in a vehicle in high temperatures and even on days considered as slightly warm. Please take care of your dog. If your dog is found to be at risk forcible entry to your vehicle may be necessary without liability for any damage caused.
If you decide that you want to learn more and train as a Canine Masseur then the Practitioner course is for you. We strongly advise that you attend a one day workshop and be honest with yourself about the commitment and your fitness to complete the 2 year course before you enrol.
Full details about the Practitioner Course can be found here https://www.k9-massage.co.uk/courses/clinical-canine-massage-practitioner-programme/
In the event that you decide that the Course is not for you after you have enrolled and paid you should contact us within 14 calendar days to cancel in accordance with your rights set out in the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013. After 14 calendar days have expired no refunds will be given on the Practitioner Programme and payment in full is required immediately even if you had opted to pay by instalments. We are also unable to transfer you to another year.
All payment options and full terms and conditions are explained in your enrolment pack.
Please note that the information supplied on your Self assessment will be held on a data-base until your application for the Course has been processed and you have decided whether to proceed with the enrolement process. Once that has been completed, your self assessment and the information held from that process will be destroyed.
You may want to stay locally if you are attending a workshop or the Practitioner Course. Canine Massage Therapy Centre bears no responsibility for Accommodation on this list. Please contact individual companies for their policies on dogs in rooms and for current prices.
The hall used for most of our events is in a small rural village a few minutes from junction 1, M42. It is unlikely that accommodation is in walking distance of the hall. Our attendees are wholly responsible for arranging transport too and from the hall.
CANINE MASSAGE ACCOUNT PRIVACY NOTICE
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which comes into force on the 25th May 2018 introduces changes to the information than an organisation must provide to individuals relating to how it uses and stores personal data. This Privacy notice incorporates these new requirements and replaces all previous Privacy Notices supplied by Canine Massage Therapy Centre.
Canine Massage Therapy Centre Ltd (including this website) needs to collect certain data from you in order to provide a service to you.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY CANINE MASSAGE THERAPY COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WILL IT BE USED?
In order to complete an order on the website, we require a name and address, your telephone number and an email address to enable us to keep you informed about your order and to know where to send it.
When you enter your payment details, please note that these details are NEVER held by Canine Massage Therapy Centre and are only processed through the trusted secure port hole to SAGEPAY.
You may opt to join our Mailing list in order to be kept advised about any offers. We will not bombard you with offers and newsletters but if you change your mind about the newsletter, you can remove your name at any time.
If you are applying to go on a workshop we still require this information to be able to process and verify your payments and to keep you informed about the venue and to advise you about any changes which could happen.
If you have applied for the Practitioner Course, we require information about you including all of the above plus your date of birth and current occupation to enable us to process your application and to register your details with our external accreditation company.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests of selection process for the Practitioner course or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
HOW WILL WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
All customer records are kept securely on our website. This does not include your payment details.
Applications for the Practitioner Course are held until processed and successful applicants will then be sent an enrolment form requesting additional information and acceptance of our terms and conditions appertaining to the course.
These records MAY include bank details if you are applying to pay by Standing order. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO SEND THESE DETAILS TO US, PLEASE NOTE MOST ON-LINE BANKING FACILITIES WILL ENABLE YOU TO SET UP THROUGH YOUR OWN BANK.
Forms will be retained for the duration of the course and for 6 years thereafter when all business has been concluded.
WHO MAY CANINE MASSAGE THERAPY CENTRE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
For the majority of our customers, details are not shared with anyone.
The exceptions to this may be
- Orders shown on the website as being processed by the supplier whereby your name and address and phone number ONLY will be passed to them
- Students on the Practitioner Course will have details of their name, address, email, telephone number and date of birth forwarded to the external Accreditation Company (LANTRA) for registration and processing of the certificate on completion of the course.
- Students details will be shared within the Tutorial team from time to time as appropriate to the circumstances.
Canine Massage Therapy Centre does NOT sell your information to anyone.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You have the right to request a copy of any personal information we may hold about you.
Customers can request that their name is removed from the mailing list at any time
Customers can log onto their account on our website at any time to change details as required.
If you require any further information with regard to your personal information that CMTC may hold in relation to your business with the company, please contact
Canine Massage Therapy Centre LTD
2 Chaucer Crescent
0844 809 4495
Phone 0844 809 4495